"Power gives life and energy..." - David R. Hawkins
I would like to start this blog by exploring the definition of Power.
The word power can mean many things to many people, but for our purposes, I am going to define Power by illuminating its qualities and contrasting them with the qualities of force. To do this, I will rely heavily upon the insights of psychiatrist and best-selling author David R. Hawkins.
- Power always supports life and energy while force takes these things away.
- Power uplifts, force tears down.
- Power doesn't move against anything, force always moves against something.
- Power is complete, force is incomplete.
- Power makes no demands and needs nothing; force constantly consumes and is insatiable.
- Power and compassion go together; force and judgment (of self and others) go together.
If you spend just a minute or two contemplating these statements of Power, I believe you will begin to see where you are allowing Power to work in your life and where you are not. One of the crucial keys to bettering ourselves is to become more aware of ourselves and our behaviors and why we behave the way we do.
Because Power always uplifts, learning to embrace Power will uplift you!
What areas of your life could use a little Power today?